Now that school has started back and we all have less time on our hands we have to be clever about minimising preparation for cooking time whilst not comprising on the taste or quality of what we are cooking. This recipe can be prepared in 10 minutes. Pop it into the oven and by the time you collect the kids from school and get their home work done dinner will be served! This week’s recipe is quite ordinary but tastes extra ordinary!!! Good old Burgers and Potatoes- home made !!!. The secret is in the seasoning!!! Check out our video to see it first-hand. If you are have read some of our other blogs you will probably see a pattern forming!!! Extra Virgin Olive Oil, our seasoning mixes and lemons are frequently used!!!
If you use sunflower oil/ coconut oil for cooking we would highly recommend substituting this with our extra virgin olive oil. Our extra virgin olive is cold pressed and has a very low acidity rate which is paramount for a premium extra virgin olive oil. It comes directly from the producer in Crete to our doorstep! It has also won over 20 Global Taste Awards - Any of our customers will testify to the quality and taste of our extra virgin olive oil. The benefits of using extra virgin olive oil are well known especially when compared to sunflower and coconut oil. It is full of healthy fats essential for a healthy heart and helps lowers cholesterol the opposite to coconut oil which is full of saturated fat. Combined with our seasoning mixes it helps our food taste great.
- Slice the potatoes in quarters and add to the casserole dish
- Generously pour our extra virgin olive oil over the potatoes
- Add our seasoning mix for Oven (generously sprinkle over potatoes)
- Squeee the juice of two lemons on top
- Mix well until all the potatoes are seasoned with the extra virgin olive oil, mix for oven and lemons.
- Sprinkle some salt
- Add the burgers and mix again to ensure burgers are seasoned
- And your dish is now ready for the oven! Home cooking doesn’t get any easier than that!
- Cover the dish and cook at 150 degrees for approximately 1.5 hours.
- Your potatoes should be soft and have absorbed all the goodness of the extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice.